Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lessons I Learned While Waiting on Boaz

Lessons I Learned While Waiting on Boaz…

I was single for a long, long, long time!  And I learned many lessons while waiting for Mr. Right to appear.  I often get to minister and share with single women waiting on their husbands.  So I thought I would share with you the Life Lessons I learned while waiting to be found by my husband.

Lesson One - Tell Jesus the Truth

I often heard when I was content being single my husband would show up – just appear out of thin air.  I spent years trying to be content and feeling extremely guilty that even after much prayer, reading every singles book out there and fasting, I couldn’t find this elusive contentment.  So I decided that I would just tell Jesus this truth.  I knew that the Lord knew what was best for me and I came to understand that if I never got married then somehow that was what was best for me, even if I didn’t like it and I sure wasn’t content. 

Finally I surrendered and shared that with the Lord.  “Father”, I said, “You know I don’t want to be single, I don’t like it, I’ve been single a long time, but if I truly trust you, I know you will do what’s best for me.  And if that’s being single, then You will sustain, comfort and walk with me. True Story, I met Jon within the next year.

Lesson Two: Be About Your Father’s Business


Don’t wait to do the things that you desire to do for the Lord because you are single.  Pursue your passion, live your purpose, walk in the calling the Lord has placed on your life.  Spend your time doing two things, being about the business the Lord has called you to and becoming the best wife (or husband) you can be.  Be focused in the Lord, get your finances together, learn to communicate, clarify your needs, fast and pray – become that Proverbs 31 woman or that wise man of integrity like Boaz.   Jon and I met because I was I was doing the Lord’s work.  He booked me for a concert after finding me online while he was researching artists he wanted to book for a church event.  If I had never stepped out on faith and left my GOOD paying job at Wright State University to obey the call of God to sing His praises, I’d still be in Ohio, single…

No comments:

Post a Comment